Sales of “Back When We Were All Machines” help support the following charitable organizations.
Thank you for your purchase!
We want to let you know that 100% of the profits from the sale of this song will go to the two organizations listed below. We know there are thousands of organizations doing amazing work all over the world and these choices represent but a tiny fraction. We chose them in part because they are doing international work and we know that those of you buying the song come from all parts of the world. Because of the various themes of the song, we also wanted to contribute to groups whose work helps people stay connected to each other in a real and healthy way, and connected, as well, to the earth on which we happen to live. In doing our research, we also came across many other organizations doing important and timely work. Some of these groups address issues of cyberbullying, an obvious negative impact from the wide use of interactive technology. We’ve listed a few of the websites below. Please check them out. Here are the two organizations that will share the 100% of the profits from the sale of this song:
- Partners in Health: Founded in 1987, PIH has three goals: “to care for our patients, to alleviate the root causes of disease in their communities, and to share lessons learned around the world.” PIH currently has projects in Haiti, Lesotho, Malawi, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, the United States, the Domincan Republic, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Guatemala, and Burundi, as well as Partner Projects in additional countries.
- Center for Biological Diversity: This organization was founded over 20 years ago. Here’s its philosophy: “At the Center for Biological Diversity, we believe that the welfare of human beings is deeply linked to nature – to the existence in our world of a vast diversity of wild animals and plants. Because diversity has intrinsic value, and because its loss impoverishes society, we work to secure a future for all species, great and small, hovering on the brink of extinction. We do so through science, law and creative media, with a focus on protecting the lands, waters and climate that species need to survive.”
Please check out these worthwhile organizations, too:
- Cyberbullying Research Center
- Stop Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying Prevention Guide
- Children and Nature Network
- Roots of Empathy/Racines de l’empathie
- American Friends Service Committee
- Nonviolent Peace Force
- Earth Island Institute
- Commercial Capital Training (recommended to us by kids at The Brenham Community Center in Texas)
- Caller Smart
- Wristband Resources: Bullying by the Numbers; A Breakdown of Bullying Statistics & Facts
- Cyberbullying: The Complete Resource Guide
- Cyberbullying Awareness Guide
- A Teen’s Guide to Cybersecurity